- Problems viewing the streams?
- What is the permanent collection
- Problems with registration
- Why wasnt I selected?
- I missed the deadline for submissions, now what?
- Where can I find the press and media page?
- My film has been selected, how do I login to edit my information?
- Do selected artists get paid for their works?
- Is there a max. or minimum lenght for submissions?
- What is the copyright policy?
- Can I upload my film to your server?
- Why isnt the festival broadcasting all year round?
- Address for sending submissions
- How many films can I submit?
- What are the specifications for submitting a film?
- What is the entrance fee for film submissions?
- When can I submit my film?
- How to play streams in VLC
- Can I support this festival?
- Can I download the films?
- Do I have to pay to view films?
- Where can I find the program?
- Where can I watch films?
- Minimum system requirements to view films?
- Who organizes this festival?
If you haven't got the plugin, download the latest flash from the Adobe website
If you are using Internet Explorer, and you experience problems, try this:
Go to tools (gear icon), then to manage add-ons and look for toolbars and extensions. Now check the shockwave plugin. This needs to be enabled.
If you still experience problems, go to tools again, and then to compatibility view settings. Open this, and add www.streamingfestival.com to the list.
If a work has been accepted into the festival, it's also eligible for the collection. The festival never places a video in this collection because it's up to the artists themselves to choose to enter it (or leave it at any time).
If your video is currently in the collection, and you have no clue how it ended up there, send a message to Support.
Check your email clients junk settings if you did not receive a confirmation email from streamingfestival.com.
2. I forgot my password
No problem! As long as you know the email address you used to sign up with. Here is the password reminder
3. I can't login
Login names and passwords are case sensitive. Thus: EmAiL is not the same as email. Check whether you tried to login with the correct email address and password (as given in the confirmation email).
Consider the following requirement:
If that's not helping, try refreshing the cache of your browser.
If you still can't login; send us your email address, so we can check out what's going on.
Try to log in into your account.
See below a selection:
1. We did not receive your work.
2. Your work was technically below par. Please keep in mind that the main theatre of the festival is a computer monitor, regardless of the physical screenings that we occasionally do. Thus, we need to convert your submission to our internet broadcasting standard. Wrong framerate, small dimensions, unexplained videonoise or badly digitalized vhs tapes will eventually not work.
We have pretty simple standards which you can always find on the submission form.
3. Your work was conceptually below par. The festival aims to bring together conceptual, but also original, artistic and challenging, works of art. Even though we keep an open mind, some works don't befit these standards.
4. Your work would be better presented in a gallery or part as an installation. We are mostly, and mainly a platform on the internet, and can't re-create the feel or possibilities of a gallery or physical location.
5. You were selected, but did not receive our email or the email ended in your junk folder. Try a search to see if your work was included.
Send an email if you think something went wrong according to you with the submission.
However, it seems more likely that you'll have to wait till the next edition.
You will find our official statement, some logo's and contact information.
To navigate to the Press and Media page simply follow: About > Press & Media
In case of special programs, where an organization or curator submitted your film instead of you, there is a different account created for you. To access this account please send an email with your name and filmtitle. Send us an email through the online form or to this address: email@example.com
If your email address is not known in our database, best chance is to register a new account, after which your film(s) will be transferred/connected to your new account. Register here: register an account
We never ask fees from artists, nor entrance tickets from visitors. There is neither income generated through commercials or advertisements through this website, the organization or its affiliates.
- I am fully authorized to grant permission to the Streaming Festival for showing my entry during the festival.
- I declare that I own or cleared all the rights of my entry submitted to the Streaming Festival.
- The Streaming Festival and their affiliated websites cannot be held responsible in any way for the content of my entry.
- I indemnify and hold harmless the Streaming Festival from and against all claims and legal expenses in connection with any claim, or third party claims based on my entry submitted to the Streaming Festival.
Send us an email if you want the opportunity to upload your film. You will receive a mail back with the procedure and specifications.
This makes it possible to compare and follow developments after every edition.
Mauritskade 47 E
- CD or DVD (NTSC and PAL)
- 1280x720 (min:720 x 576)
- Data rate min 750Kbps (advised:1000)
- 44KHZ 16bit stereo
Keep this in mind:
Films are foremost shown on a computer monitor full screen, and possibly also on the big screen on physical locations. If your work has unexplained videonoise, dropped frames, is too small or is a badly digitalized vhs copy it will mostlikely not be selected.
In the left field choose a stream protocol that corresponds with your stream url (protocol field). Usually this is automatically filled in for you after you place the url.
If you do not know the protocol, look at the first part of the videostream url. This should be MMS,HTTP, RTSP and so forth.
A keyboard shortcut for opening the network stream window is the control and n key. Like so: ctrl+n.
Download the latest VLC player: on www.videolan.org
RTSP - Protocol stands for Real Time Streaming Protocol
MMS - Protocol stands for Microsoft Media Server.
URL - The address of a web page/stream on the world wide web known as Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
Starting from VLC 0.9.0 (2007), you can also stream flash with VLC - meaning the extension .flv.
For more information about supporting the Streaming Festival, contact us through the contact form in the main menu.
It is simply not necessary! Programs have a limited duration and are non stop available during the festival.
A viewer can plug into a stream, and watch any program at any given time.
This system makes it possible for viewers to switch back and forth easily between the servers (each server showing a different program), thus the viewer can watch one program after the other without missing anything.
Simply click here to view the program
During the festival films are divided into different programs. Links to the programs will be displayed on the index page of the Streaming Festival website. Simply click a program link to view the films in that program.
Also read this about the organization of the festival