Category Video art
FragmentsFragments brings together video work that in some way address the idea of fragmentation, whether through visual technique or concept. Several films in this selection focus of the object of the photograph - a reminiscent of a fraction of time and memory. Others are based on the structural elements of film making such as the close up shot and abstraction as the basis.
This selection is the curatorís response the truly eclectic collection of works from three editions of Streaming Festival database. Therefore, the concept of Fragments becomes an ambiguous expression in this context simultaneously symbolising a fragment of the Streaming Festival collection as well a metaphor for fragmentation of images and ideas.
Program curated by Olga Koroleva
- Patryk Rebisz - Letís Build a Fire
- Nicholas Economos - Pangaea
- Jerry Galle - Portrait #2
- Brigid Burke - Illuminated Breath
- Debra Fear - Seven AV Studies
- Lemeh 42 - Study on human form and h..
- Ge-Suk Yeo - Room 1
- Agnes Evon Szelag - Man-made weather part 2 (..
- Irena Paskali - East t(w)o West
- Joe Hambleton - Walking through sequence
- Farah Rahman - Cosmic Giggle